The price of commercial real estate has gone up, and the office walls have come down. Lack of privacy can create discord and hinder productivity. Here are some strategies to help survive the office fishbowl.
- Keep your voice down. Your coworker should not have to listen to your every conversation.
- Forget about using your speakerphone. It’s an intrusion on everyone.
- Consider turning your ringer off while you are away from your desk.
- Conduct meetings in a conference room or a walled office.
- Knock or say, “Excuse me” before you enter someone else’s cubicle.
- Avoid perfumes. Not everyone enjoys “Evening in Paris.”
- Munch quietly at your desk. Chips are meant for the break room.
Leave a reply