From Classroom to Career
Give your students what they need to succeed—interpersonal and social skills. Lydia reveals why students need to master professional courtesy when graduating from the classroom to the boardroom. From meeting and greeting to buttering bread and everything in between, she covers it all.
Dining for Success
Lydia’s most popular presentation for college and university students “Dining for Success” includes a four-course “hands-on” dinner demonstration.
During this program participants will learn how to:
- navigate place settings
- manage napkins
- differentiate between the American and European styles of eating
- handle difficult foods
- avoid certain foods
- butter the bread
- pass food correctly
- eat soup without slurping
In addition to “Dining for Success, Lydia offers 45-60 minute sessions for students to learn how to:
- Make a Powerful First Impression—Get the job they want with strategies for creating a memorable and lasting presence with recruiters and hiring authorities.
- Handle Greetings and Introductions—Six simple rules that guarantee confidence.
- Dress Right for Every Occasion—Dress for the job they want, not the job they have.
- Make the Most of Any Conversation—Know what to say to feel comfortable and get important relationships off to the best start.
- Follow Up After the Interview—Make sure they’ve done everything it takes to get the job.
Other informative sessions:
- Office Tips for the New Hire
- Manners for Meetings
- Conducting Business around the Globe
Forget formal and stuffy. Good manners are all about people and relationships. We show your students how to master the details that will make them stand out from the crowd and the fierce competition. Delivered with easy style, humor and wit, these presentations are absolute winners. All of Lydia Ramsey’s programs are a must-have experience for those students grooming themselves for their careers – the world beyond the classroom.
Contact Lydia with your specific needs and find out how she can help.
What Clients have to say…
“A big hit! Students say they expected prim and proper. Lydia’s real-world wit and humor surprised them all. They came away with the confidence and know-how they absolutely need to get ahead.”
—Director of Career Services