- Business meetings provide the opportunity to interact with clients, colleagues and others with whom you do business.
- Evaluate the purpose of your business meeting. If you can’t find a good reason to have it, maybe you shouldn’t.
- Don't ask people to attend a business meeting if you can accomplish the same goals with e-mail or a conference call.
- Have an agenda for your business meeting but be flexible. It’s okay to digress if more important issues arise.
- Involve everyone during a business meeting. Don’t make statements, ask questions. Don’t make objections, ask more questions.
Stay tuned for Part II!